Still figuring out who will lead the way...

Join us to make these forums rock!

Still figuring out who will lead the way...

Postby Katherine Berry » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:32 pm

Hi,
This section is for all members who want to actively participate in getting these new forums off the ground.

Who are you? What are you passionate about? Tell us more about your vision for making acupuncture more accessible to more people around the world...
Katherine Berry
BHSc TCM Acupuncture, MSc Research
Katherine Berry

Re: Still figuring out who will lead the way...

Postby C Whitestone » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:51 pm

Welcome Community Acupuncture friends
I'm the Director of ACMAC, and am very proud to have Acupuncture Network hosted on our site now. We are working together to spread the word about community and multibed acupuncture, in the hopes that every community can access affordable acupuncture, and every practitioner can enjoy a sustainable business.
As more clinics open, there is more work to do. We are particularly looking for people with active eyes to monitor this forum.
Also, could some Aussies become admins for our Facebook page? Check it out right now: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Assoc ... 3398734115 - I'm not very skilled in this area and richer content would be great, especially of interest and relevance to those catching the CA bug in Australia.
Anyway, if you would like to get involved in these or any ways, please write a post.
Best wishes,
Charlotte Whitestone
C Whitestone

Postby David » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:05 pm

Great work Cath and Charlotte,
D.
David

Postby normansavigar » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:41 am

Count me in - although you probably have anyway !!
Norman Savigar

Traditional Acupuncturist
Aylesbury UK

Bridgeways Clinic
normansavigar

Postby NuDaFu » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:37 pm

C Whitestone wrote:Welcome Community Acupuncture friends
I'm the Director of ACMAC, and am very proud to have Acupuncture Network hosted on our site now. We are working together to spread the word about community and multibed acupuncture, in the hopes that every community can access affordable acupuncture, and every practitioner can enjoy a sustainable business.
As more clinics open, there is more work to do. We are particularly looking for people with active eyes to monitor this forum.
Also, could some Aussies become admins for our Facebook page? Check it out right now: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Assoc ... 3398734115 - I'm not very skilled in this area and richer content would be great, especially of interest and relevance to those catching the CA bug in Australia.
Anyway, if you would like to get involved in these or any ways, please write a post.
Best wishes,
Charlotte Whitestone

I don't have "active eyes", but I do have an active INTJ brain to offer up (no culinary connotations intended). One of my honoured mentors seriously advises I do something with it.

I would like to focus on this forum. I'm positively archaic: Facebook is still not my thing yet.

I would like to see the reply:view ratio to favour replies; if not, to at least balance out. It's nice and all to have lots of viewing; the gold, however, is in the replies. Lots of replies usually reflects lots of activity. One can argue high activity cannot guarantee quality of content, but, some content is better than no content. I'm sure Socrates or Plato weren't satisfied just talking to themselves.

Beyond pretty words...

Goal: Increase forum activity
Strategy: Explore what makes Paging Dr forum successful -> adopt same measures to this forum

Paging Dr forum is the most familiar model I can think of for the purposes of this forum. To say it is active is an understatement. Nearly every medical school in Australia has a representative poster on the forum.

T.S. Eliot said it well: "Immature poets imitate; mature poets steal".

I want to be that mature poet. (In terms of 'stealing' good ideas, not aspiring to any criminal activities).
NuDaFu

Return to Community Acupuncture Working Party